With results day fast approaching, it is good to be prepared about what to do next once you get your results. UCAS have lots of useful information and tip on how to track your results, what to do next and clearing.
Access their website here https://www.ucas.com
When is A level results day 2017?
Exam results dates for 2017 are as follows:
- SQA results day is 8 August 2017.
- A level results day is 17 August 2017.
Have everything ready
Results day can be stressful, so make sure you know how it works and what to expect.
- Have your Track sign in details handy and update your contact details if you need to.
- Make sure you’re available on results day, because we can’t speak to anyone else about your application details unless you give them nominated access to speak on your behalf.
- Check how your exam results get to your universities/colleges – most come directly to us from the awarding organisations, and we send them on to your choices. But if not, you just send your exam results to your universities or colleges yourself.
Hopefully you’ll get the exam grades you need, but if you just miss out, the university or college might accept you anyway.
- You might get a place on either your firm or insurance choice, depending how well your exams go.
- You might be offered an alternative by the university/college – a ‘changed course offer’ (which you’ll need to accept or decline).
- You might not get a place, but you can search through our Clearing service to see what courses still have vacancies.
If no decisions are showing, give your universities or colleges a call to find out more.
Read the full article here https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/ucas-undergraduate-results